Become a Member Today!
The Ohio Farmers Market Network adopts a 3-year strategic plan
For the past few years, the Ohio Farmers Market Network has been talking about change and growth within the organization, and our hopes for its outward realization. We’ve talked about our “vision” for farmers’ markets and their communities, and an ideal scenario where everything in the world of farmers’ markets is as it should be - paid managers, thriving Ohio farms, strong connections to our food and land, etc. (Well, we may not be to that last part (yet), but we’re working on it!)
Today, we can share a tangible step forward in that process and unveil the 2024-2026 Ohio Farmers Market Network Strategic Plan. We are incredibly proud of our Board of Directors and those who joined our community conversations, and the outcome of the planning process. With the help of two brilliant leaders in strategic planning, we have a new mission and vision. We have clear core values, strategies and measurements. Exciting, huh?!
In time, you’ll hear a bit more about each of our goals and the strategies we’ve identified for meeting your needs. (You’ll also hear about some very exciting developments for Ohio’s farmers’ markets and vendors!) For now, we’ll leave you with these teasers of what’s to come!
We hope you’ll jump on our farm wagon for the next chapter in the OFMN journey towards
“a vibrant Ohio food system where the regional agricultural community is the predominant source of nutritious food for all people, regardless of income.”
Here’s to a new year and endless possibilities that exist when we work together!
ANNUAL REGISTRATION - IT’S FREE
Please take 5 minutes to complete a short registration form for your farmers’ market, festival or special event. If you are a farm market or farmers’ market vendor, please complete this form. Together, we can work towards better understanding and communicating the social, economic and environmental impact Ohio's farmers’ markets are making each year!
For the purpose of understanding who you are and how we can best serve you, we have defined a farmers’ market as:
A public, recurring assembly of farmers and food businesses selling products that they grow or produce directly to consumers.
Definition doesn’t fit, huh? How about one of these?
- Farm Market - A farm market is a producer-operated facility where fresh fruits and vegetables and other food items are offered for sale. If this defines your business or activity, click here to register with the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
- Festival or special event - A celebration that may contain agricultural or local food products, but operates for a short period of time, and does not happen on a weekly basis. If this defines your event or activity, you’re welcome to register with the Ohio Farmers Market Network, as we’re pleased to support agriculture and food producers throughout Ohio.
- Farmers’ Market Vendor - A farmer, food producer or other small business that sells products at at least one farmers’ market (see farmers’ market definition) in the State of Ohio, according to the legal requirements of the Ohio Department of Agriculture, the State of Ohio and/or Cottage Food Law.
Still not finding a definition that fits? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may be that we’re behind the times and leaving out an important local food focused activity. It may also be that the Ohio Farmers Market Network simply isn’t the organization to adequately represent you. And if that’s the case, we can still be friends, but let us help you find the right organization to represent your needs.
Click here to register your farmers’ market, festival or special event. If you are a farm market or farmers’ market vendor, please complete this form.
MEMBERSHIP - PLEASE JOIN OFMN
The Network’s continued success comes from a broad base of support within the state, including your annual membership. With your support, OFMN will continue to provide resources, tools, education, networking opportunities and a unified voice for public policy.
Your membership is important to us, as it has always been. And your financial support is even more valued considering the limited budgets from which many of us operate. That is why OFMN’s membership is nominal, yet important.
Now, you might be asking yourself, “What are the benefits to membership? Why should I (or my farmers’ market or business) be a member? We’re glad you asked!
Members of the Ohio Farmers Market Network receive the following:
- FREE Farmers Market Coalition membership (a $40 value)
- $25 off Farmers Market Boot Camp, a program for new market managers
- Discount on registration for Ohio Farmers Market Network conferences
- Monthly market manager meetings in Central, SW and NE regions (Interested in leading in your area? Help us organize the SE and NW regions!)
- Discounts on training opportunities
- Need a template or resource? Ask us!
- Farmers’ market and vendor list-servs for networking and support
- Need support? Schedule a 15 minute 1-on-1 chat with OFMN
- A seat (and voice!) at the table
- An understanding of direct-to-consumer, farmers’ market issues, and advocacy on those issues by those who have been (or still are) in your muck boots
Ready to join the Ohio Farmers Market Network? Great!
This membership is $50 for all markets, regardless of size.
We believe - in fact we know - that having friends is important. Select the undefined “I Yam a Friend” donation option for sending whatever amount fits your budget.
Thank you for your support of our organization and for your commitment to Ohio farmers’ markets and the people who power them!
If you have any questions, please email us email@example.com. Otherwise, we’re wishing health and prosperity for all of you in 2024!