The Ohio Farmers Market Network (OFMN) is committed to helping you keep your farmers market vibrant and profitable.
Farmers markets don’t “just happen.” They happen with the passion and commitment of someone who’s willing to organize. They happen because a neighbor believes that ALL people deserve access to fresh, healthy, Ohio grown and produced foods. And farmers markets happen because Ohio farmers and food producers do the work of planting, growing, harvesting, baking, saucing, jamming, packing, freezing, drying, mixing…
Thank you for being “that” person who makes your market possible!
The work of people who coordinate, manage and sell at farmers markets is often unnoticed, and is most certainly undervalued. The Ohio Farmers Market Network (OFMN) works every day to change that. We want Ohio’s market managers to be respected and supported. We want farmers and food producers to earn a fair market value for their wares. (Wouldn’t it be great if our farmers didn’t have to maintain “off farm” work just to pay the bills?) We want Ohio’s food system to be resilient, responsive and reliable for all those who depend on it.
And so, we reflect on our past work, and look forward to the new. Our past accomplishments make us proud - our Market Manager Certificate Program, our partnership with other state farmers market associations and their leaders, and our COVID-19 response and support of Ohio’s leaders and farmers markets, to name a few.
But it is our vision for the future that excites us the most! A future where market managers are paid respectably for their work. A future where farmers markets are sustainable, even profitable for farmers and food producers. A future where the Ohio food system is dynamic and welcoming, sustainable and supportive. Join us in our commitment to Ohio’s farmers markets and the people who power them - become a member today!
Here’s to a new year, and the endless possibilities that exist when you simply choose to dream!
Please take 5 minutes to fill out this short registration form for your farmers market, farm market, special event or business. Together, we can work towards better understanding and communicating the social, economic and environmental impact Ohio's farmers markets are making each year!
For the purpose of understanding who you are and how we can best serve you, we have defined a farmers market as:
A public, recurring assembly of farmers and food businesses selling products that they grow or produce directly to consumers.
Definition doesn’t fit, huh? How about one of these?
- Farm Market - A farm market is a producer operated facility where fresh fruits and vegetables and other food items are offered for sale. If this defines your business or activity, click here to register with the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
- Festival or special event - A celebration that may contain agricultural or local food products, but operates for a short period of time, and does not happen on a weekly basis. If this defines your event or activity, you’re welcome to register with the Ohio Farmers Market Network, as we’re pleased to support agriculture and food producers throughout Ohio.
- Farmers Market Vendor - A farmer, food producer or other small business that sells products at at least one farmers market (see farmers market definition) in the State of Ohio, according to the legal requirements of the Ohio Department of Agriculture, the State of Ohio and/or Cottage Food Law.
Still not finding a definition that fits? Email us at email@example.com. It may be that we’re behind the times and leaving out an important local food focused activity. It may also be that the Ohio Farmers Market Network simply isn’t the organization to adequately represent you. And if that’s the case, we can still be friends, but let us help you find the right organization to represent your needs.
MEMBERSHIP - PLEASE JOIN OFMN
The Network’s continued success comes from a broad base of support within the state, including your annual membership. With your support, OFMN will continue in its mission to “support and strengthen farmers markets in Ohio” by providing them with resources, tools, education, networking opportunities and a unified voice for public policy.
Your membership is important to us, as it has always been. And your financial support is even more valued considering the limited budgets from which many of us operate. That is why OFMN’s membership is nominal, yet important.
Now, you might be asking yourself, “What are the benefits to membership? Why should I (or my farmers market or business) be a member? We’re glad you asked!
Members of the Ohio Farmers Market Network receive the following:
- FREE Farmers Market Coalition membership (a $40 value)
- $25 off Farmers Market Boot Camp, a program for new market managers
- Monthly market manager meetings organized by region
- Discounts on training opportunities
- Need a template or resource? Ask us!
- Farmers market and vendor list-servs for networking and support
- Need support? Schedule a 15 minute 1-on-1 chat with OFMN
- A seat (and voice!) at the table (Like our Meet & Greet call with Senator Sherrod Brown’s office!)
- An understanding of direct-to-consumer, farmers market issues, and advocacy on those issues by those who have been (or still are) in your muck boots
Ready to join the Ohio Farmers Market Network? Great!
This membership is $50 for all markets, regardless of size.
We believe - in fact we know - that having friends is important. Select the undefined “I Yam a Friend” donation option for sending whatever amount fits your budget.
Thank you for your support of our organization and for your commitment to Ohio farmers markets and the people who power them!
If you have any questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we’re wishing health and prosperity for all of you in 2023!